Current Research in Therapeutic Targets
The professional opinion on therapeutic target is increased by 4.721 and it's 0.5 increased within the year of 2021. Studies have shown that amyloid-β (Aβ) protein deposition is an early event which will be within the development of Alzheimer’s, but the mechanisms that link Aβ to neurodegeneration are poorly understood, so require more research.
The report also states that clinically relevant symptoms tend to seem at an equivalent time as tau pathology is correlated with necrobiosis , meaning that prevention of the disease is difficult to review .
Furthermore, some parts of the brain like the hippocampus and amygdala seem to point out a selective weakness to plaque accumulation and tau-associated neurodegeneration, while others just like the cerebellum are initially spared. The list of improvements for dementia research includes:
- Track 1-1 Encouraging early drug discovery to identify targets
- Track 2-2 Investigating the effects of genetic risk factors on disease
- Track 3-3 Improving understanding of brain nerve cells are more resilient than others
- Track 4-4 Ensuring the right selection for clinical trials
- Track 5-5 Improving ways to measure the efficacy of drugs
- Track 6-6 Finding ways to begin clinical trials decades earlier than is currently conducted.